Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A few questions about dry, damaged hair?

There's a load of home-made treatments that I've heard. If you could answer any of these questions, that would be great.



Firstly, I've heard that putting mayonaise, olive oil, or even peanut butter can soften hair and add the extra cholesterol and oils that dry hair lacks. Is this true?



I've also heard that eating certain foods can help grow hair and keep it soft and strong. If this is true, does anyone know what kind of foods I should eat?



And finally, there's a debate on whether or not braids damage or help hair grow. So what's the deal behind that?



Also, if you have any websites that can answer my questions, that would be great.



A few questions about dry, damaged hair?

braids help your hair grow, people pull there hair out. Anytime that you get your hair braided you need to keep your hands out of your head for it to grow. I know a lot of people whose edges are broken off because they got braids and tried all these different styles not knowing that just pulling your braids back in a pony tail puts a strain on it.



A few questions about dry, damaged hair?

Ok the mayo eggs etc are good for putting shine in your hair and may even close a split end cuticlle for a day or so.



The food thing is more about the vitamins and you can eat good and take supplements which are biotin and silica. They are B vitamins. GNC sells a hhair skin and nails formula that works wonders for you, or you can just take a B complex and add an extre biotin and silica pill to you regiment.



Braids casue breakage so they do not make your hair dry, but they do pull the hair and cause breakage which causes fly aways which could look frizzy.



I recommend going to a GOOD stylist not a chep fantastic sams, but a small little salon in your area that seems a tad overpriced. This is where the good stylist hide. Go and splurge on yourselfget a good cut and if you highlight take a break and go dark for the winter. You may never go back!!! It conditions the hair unlike highlighting which drys it out. I was an aviod flat irioner until I went dark. Now my hair is so soft that I don ot have to straiten it to make it look silky and smooth. I just blow and go or let it dry naturally (something I could never do light). I hope I helped, I was once an ugly hair duckling, then I discovered my stylist who I thought was overpriced and she has helped me grow to love my hair! keeping regular cuts and colors helps. I go every 8-12 weeks. It is longer than reccomended, but it works. You could probably get away with a little longer if you don't color.



A few questions about dry, damaged hair?

Any oil application will help dry hair. Yeah food plays a major factor in hair growth.As for braids the result actually varies for each individual and the links should help you with ,more details for dry hair and hair growth. Check out http://solutionsfordryhair.blogspot.com/ for more info. Try http://solutionsforhairgrowth.blogspot.c... for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment