Thursday, April 26, 2012

Transition(from relaxed hair to natural hair) hairstyles.?

I am 16 years old and I am about 3 weeks into my transition. My hair is about 3 inches and right now I have plaits that are really tight. They make my head hurt so I want to take them out. The only problem with that is that my hair is too short for braids n micros(that don't hurt). So what type of hairstyles can I wear(to school, to work, and to go out) that looks decent?



Transition(from relaxed hair to natural hair) hairstyles.?

Oh sweetie please take out those tight braids. You are just hurting yourself, your hair, and damaging your hair. I understand trying to work with short hair; my hair is 2.5 inches. I have found that it's easy for my to wear a teeny weeny afro, comb twists, and a wash n go. Are those 3 inches relaxed ends? If they are then those styles probably won't work for you. You can get braids though that aren't extremely tight. I wore braids for a while and they never hurt me.



ETA: Since your hair is half and half you won't be able to do twists or an afro without it looking funky. Braids are fine but make sure they aren't tight.



Transition(from relaxed hair to natural hair) hairstyles.?

Here are just a few suggestions:



Braids with extensions- but not to tight PLEASE!!!



Two Strand Twists- with or without extensions



Comb Coils/Twists



Straw Sets- These seem to look nice on transitioning hair



Cornrows with or without extensions



Braid/Twist Outs



There are a lot of natural hair sites you can check out too.



www.nappturality.com- seems to be very good

No comments:

Post a Comment