Thursday, April 26, 2012

What do about the broken, thinning edges of my hair?

I'm biracial (black mother, white father) and I started relaxing my hair about 3 years ago. After it was relaxed I got a short, spiky, un-even, punk-like cut. After it grew out, it was very un-even and broken off so I got it all cut chin length. I was very un-happy with the length of my hair and started to wear clip in extensions. I was un-happy with how they didn't stay in my hair, so I got micro braids. At this time my edges were already brittle and broken off from before, but the braids helped them grow out. Sinse then I've had three sew in weaves, the last one is still in, and it pulled too hard on two small patches of hair around the edges that seem to be doing fine now. Stopping the relaxers is not an option, what should I do after I take the weave out, to keep my edges from breaking and the rest of my hair growing and healthy?



What do about the broken, thinning edges of my hair?

Well the first thing you need to do when you take out your weave is give it a good deep conditioning. My favorite conditioner is LeKair Cholesterol Plus Strengthening and Conditioning Cream. It contains jojoba oil, aloe vera and collagen protein which makes your hair softer and stronger.



After shampooing your hair, place the conditioner on it and let it sit for 30-45 minutes. Sitting under a dryer during this time is even better. This particular conditioner can also be used as a daily treatment by mixing one tablespoon of it with 8 ounces of water, and spraying it lightly over your entire head before styling. This will strengthen your hair and prepare it for if you plan to get another weave.



After this, when your hair is dry, it's good to use some sort of product that moisturizes and restore nutrients. Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion helps protect your hair against breakage and split ends, and works great on relaxed hair. These products can be purchased at your local beauty supply store.



What do about the broken, thinning edges of my hair?

U have mistreated ur hair. Go 2 a beauty parlor n ask them 2 cut the "ends" of ur hair. Use a shampoo 4 curly or wavy hair. Take supplements/vitamins 4 a stronger n shiny hair/nails.....(Did u know that ur hair n nails r similar in composition?)



One of the most common causes of excess hair loss and cracking, splitting, peeling, or chipping fingernails is is a malfunctioning stomach , When our stomachs don't make enough acid and pepsin (a major protein digesting enzyme), a wide variety of nutrients are "lost." Amino acids (the "building blocks" of protein), minerals, vitamin B- 12, and folate head the list. With such a variety of nutrients impaired by a malfunctioning stomach, it's not a surprise that something has to "give," and the hair and nails, being presumably less essential to health, are often the first to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment